"LIFE ITSELF IS THE PROPER BINGE" - JULIA CHILD

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Morsels

I’m going to first apologize for the crummy quality of the photos. I just received the most amazing anniversary present from my boyfriend, a Nikon D3100, and left the charger back in L.A. Once I return in 2 weeks, I will finally be able to take proper food photos!
It’s Saturday morning and I’m supposed to be writing an 8 page paper on how I learned the racial “Other”. Um, no thank you! Instead, I woke up and ran to the market so I could fit some cooking therapy in.
When I was younger, I grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Who didn’t?! Well now, I am falling back in love with peanut butters creamy, crunchy texture. After eating so many of those sandwiches, I couldn’t consume the salty, hard to swallow concoction, but now, I’m am completely addicted. Especially the all natural kinds because damn, those are straight up mashed peanuts in a jar. Leave the Jiffy behind!



Here is a lovely recipe that sits well in everyone’s stomach. Without the flour, the whole cookie is basically just a round ball of peanut butter mixed with two kinds of sugar. Yes, two kinds of sugar. YUM. Also, I couldn’t help myself so I chopped some chocolate morsels and sprinkled them on the cookies during the last 5 minutes in the oven.

Now if you’d excuse me, I’m going to go devour my fifth one with some hot cocoa. Oh and if you’re one of those people who just likes to cook for the sinfully sweet smells that fill the house, then this is perfect for you!

Ingredients:
1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside.  In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes.  Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes.  Roll into small sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork.  If you’d like, add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies.  Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.  Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to your mouth. Don’t forget the milk or hot cocoa!
Based on a recipe from Joy the Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment