"LIFE ITSELF IS THE PROPER BINGE" - JULIA CHILD

Monday, March 7, 2011

Oktoberfest 2010

While abroad, my friends and I were fortunate enough to experience Oktoberfest and all the delicious food that comes with it! Here are some photos of their "Bretzels" (I am completely in love) and the typical meat selection accompanied by a famous cheese dip that we definitely did NOT order. It had one of the most strange textures but in the end, I'm so glad I was able to try a bite!

Sadly, I don't have a picture of one of my most memorable meals. It was the most delicious, hot, salty roasted chicken served in a white paper bag that almost everyone carried around as they sipped their beers and sang merry songs. This specific rotisserie chicken, along with one I had in Lisbon, was unlike anything we have here in the states.

If you have a chance, GO TO OKTOBERFEST! Yes you will come back heavier than you were before after all the buttery chicken, salty bread and beer, but I have never seen so many happy people together enjoying the yumminess of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment