"LIFE ITSELF IS THE PROPER BINGE" - JULIA CHILD

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Burrata & Prosciutto Pizza


Trader Joe's pizza dough. Go buy it. I always pass by it while shopping there thinking I don't really need it and it would probably be a disappointment, but oooooooh was I wrong. So wrong. I definintely need this in my life. I can't believe it took me this long to purchase the stuff. You are going to be blown away. Now after trying this, I'm taking a vow that I will never have pizza delivered to my house again. Why would I when this is so easy and sooooooooooooo oh.my.god. GOOD.

Just a few simple, easy steps.


Take the dough out of the packaging and flour your surface. Let the dough rise for 20 minutes.


Now it's time to test your pizza making skills. Toss the dough in the air to round it out. When finished, place on a baking sheet. What's awesome is the pizza doesn't have to be a perfect circle! It's homemade, so why not make it rustic? Mine turned out a little bit rectangular but the flavors all the same!


Spread the Trader Joe's pizza sauce (usually placed right by the dough in the store) on top of the dough.


I chose to use Burrata instead of regular Mozzarella because it's my favorite. I was a little worried that after heating, the burrata would fall apart and release a lot of water, but it worked out wonderfully. If you like goat cheese, blue cheese or any type of cheese, go ccrraaazzzyy. Next time I am going to try out a chicken, pear, candied walnut and gorgonzola pizza.


And after 12-15 minutes of baking in the oven, the crispy prosciutto, soft and fluffy burrata cheese ooze together and create a bomb ass pizza. The next day, I found some more Trader Joe's pizza dough in the fridge. I guess it's time to test out that gorgonzola, chicken pizza I was discussing earlier :)

Ingredients:

1 bag of Trader Joe's Pizza Dough
1 container of Trader Joe's Pizza Sauce
Burrata or Mozzarella Cheese
Prosciutto slices
Any topping your heart desires!

Directions:

1. Take the dough out of the bag and let rise for 20 minutes. After, carefully toss the dough in order to stretch it out. I like my crust thin and crispy so I basically covered the entire baking sheet.

2. Rub pizza sauce on top. I used the whole container even though it looked like a lot, but once cooked, it was just right. Slice burrata or mozzarella and disperse over the pizza sauce. Piece apart prosciutto and place on top of cheese. (If your one of those people who likes a lot of toppings, go crazy!).

3. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.

2 comments:

  1. Brasiliani amano la pizza! Ci potrebbe essere diverso con la tua ricetta!

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could dive in a big warm swimming pool of Burrata, I love it so, so much. Although I don't think I've ever had it on pizza though, this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete